Skip to main content

Taking My Nails To The Next Level


After a long time that I've been painting my nails for fun I decided it was time for me to start sharing my fun with the world.
I am here to explore mainly indie brands, cool nail polishes and lean as I go.
You see, I have come to realize that I quite like painting my nails and even though I don't do it professionally I do it constantly and I'm willing to share my experience with other girls\woman around the world that spend half an hour a week doing so.

This week I spent around 6 hours researching interesting brands and polished and I'm going to share that with you, the internet as I go.

My first indie buy is Fun Lacquer. This brand has been chasing me for the past few years with youtubers such as SimplyNailLogical using them on a regular basis.
What I find special about it is with no doubt is the holographic effect it has while being mixed with really interesting colors. 
I have to say that the second I got the first package of nail polish from Fun Lacquer I couldn't help myself but to buy more, so what I am going to do is share every time I paint my nails the final result and my thoughts on it. 

The first photo of the week that I'm going to share with you is the following one:

holographic nail polish

The polishes that I used are:
Blue Color: Fun Lacquer Blue Christmas
Holographic Top Coat: Fun Lacquer Diamond Flake 
Top Coat: 
Essie Top Coat Speed Setter Ultra Fast


My first impression is the following:
1. The nail polish is very pretty. The color, the holo, everything.
2. The polish does not apply evenly. After 2 coats everything smooths out but it is hard to apply evenly and the brush is relatively small (while the essie brush applies nicely.
3. The holographic top coat requires 2 thick layers of quick dry essie top coat on top of it. Maybe the essie top coat is not good enough or I am doing something wrong but after only one layer you can still feel the flakies.
4. The nail polish looks very different in direct light or in office settings. I quite like it - that normally it looks like a regular blue and in the sun it becomes holographic but for you I feel like I had to share that.

I would give the blue christmas polish a 4/5 for me. I am very interested to see how I would feel regarding the other polishes I got and what will be the difference when I use an indie researched base and top coat (up until now I only used drug store ones and essie is the best).

Thank you for reading! I will keep you posted,
ANailPolishGirl

Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anailpolishgirl
Follow me on Youtube: ANailPolishGirl

Comments